Your future with OneFamily
Your CTF Stakeholder or Protected ISA will be moving to a new manager.
In July 2020, The Share Centre became part of interactive investor. Unfortunately, they do not offer CTFs or Protected ISAs, so we have taken the decision to move the administration and management of your account to OneFamily.
What is happening?
- On 15 March we wrote to you explaining what will be happening.
- On 8 May 2021, your CTF or Protected ISA will move from The Share Centre to OneFamily.
- Your account will be invested into the L&G (N) Tracker Trust fund, which is similar to the existing fund (ASI UK All Share Tracker). The ongoing charge of 1.5% will not change.
- If you have a Child Investment Account or a Protected ISA (which has matured from a Child Investment Account), your account will NOT be moving to OneFamily.
OneFamily is an award-winning financial services company with over 40 years’ experience in helping families save for the future. It is one of the largest providers of Child Trust Funds in the UK and already looks after 1.6 million accounts, making it an expert in this field.
Key facts about OneFamily
- Over 2 million customers and over £7 billion worth of family’s money cared for
- Over 40 years' experience and experts in children's and young people's investments
- £3.5 million to support our customers and communities since 2015
- Responsible investments through climate-impact funds
Award-winning financial products
OneFamily help families thrive with great financial products for children and adults, receiving 5-star recognition from Defaqto, Moneyfacts, Your Money and more...
What will you need to do?
If you are happy with the change then you do not need to do anything. We will make all the arrangements to move your account to OneFamily. You can find out more about them, along with some important documents you should read before the move here.
If you prefer not to move there are other options, all of which are free of charge:
For CTF Stakeholders
- You can move the account to another CTF manager. You'll find a list of these at gov.uk.
- You could switch to a Junior ISA and move to interactive investor. If your Share Account or ISA has moved to interactive investor recently, you may prefer to switch to a Junior ISA, then we'll move you there later in the year.
- You could move the account to a Junior ISA manager. They offer the same tax benefits as CTFs and operate in broadly a similar way. Contact a new manager with your details and they'll do the rest.
If you decide to move to another manager we need to have received instructions from them by 23 April 2021. It may take up to 30 days to complete a transfer so you should contact your chosen manager as soon as possible. If we do not hear anything your account will be moved to OneFamily. You will be able to transfer out from OneFamily at any time.
For Protected ISAs
If your CTF has matured into a Protected ISA you would have heard from us separately. You will need to let us know by the 6 May 2021 your intentions for the maturity of your account, otherwise your account will move to OneFamily. Upon completion of the move, they will contact you further.
Want to learn more about CTFs and how they work?
Step by step guide
|15 March 2021||We have writen to you with details about the move.|
|16 April 2021||Your last Direct Debit will be taken if you have an instruction set up.|
|23 April 2021||The last day that you can make a payment into your CTF.|
|23 April 2021||If you wish to move to a new provider, this is the day we need to have received your instructions from them.|
|8 May 2021||Your account will move to OneFamily.|
Questions & answers
There are two types of Child Trust Fund:
- Stakeholder accounts - We refer to these as CTF Stakeholder Accounts or CTF(RAA)-Stakeholder Accounts. These accounts follow rules set out by the Government; There are limits on the type of investments that can be held. The maximum annual charge is 1.5% per year (including fund charges). There is a minimum subscription amounts and permitted methods of payment. These rules mean accounts are comparable between providers.
- Non-Stakeholder accounts - We refer to these as Child Investment Accounts. They are not bound by the additional conditions, so may have a wider ranging investment range, a different fee structure, higher minimum subscription amounts, and potentially more restricted methods of making payments.
When the account holder becomes 18, the CTF will mature into a Protected ISA until further instructions are received from the account holder.
OneFamily only offer a CTF Stakeholder product. Therefore, only these account types will be moving to this new manager. If you hold a Child Investment Account, you could choose to transfer to OneFamily, but this would require the sale of your holdings in order to re-invest into their stakeholder fund.
Child Trust Funds are a type of tax efficient savings account, designed to provide children with a financial boost once they reached 18. The scheme entitled every UK resident born between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011 to receive a voucher from the government to pay into an account. When the child turns 18, it will provide them with a cash lump sum or investment portfolio, free of tax.
If the voucher was not redeemed, accounts were automatically assinged to providers like The Share Centre in order to invest the voucher and look after the assets.
Depending on your method of payment, you can make contributions to the account up until 23 April 2021.
CTF Stakeholder accounts cannot be sold or withdrawn from until the named account holder reaches the age of 18.
We need to have received the transfer request and all the relevent information from your new chosen provider by 23 April 2021, or your account will be moved to OneFamily. If this cut off is missed for any reason, you will be able to request a transfer out from OneFamily after 8 May 2021.
On your 18th birthday, your CTF will have matured into a Protected ISA, retaining the tax-efficient wrapper. We will have written to you prior to your birthday to request instruction on what you want to do with your account, but have yet to hear back from you.
If you want to learn more about your options visit our help page.
You may have already received correspondence from us about the maturity of your CTF account. If it is due to mature prior to moving to OneFamily on 8 May 2021, your maturity instruction must be received by The Share Centre on or before 6 May 2021. If no maturity instruction is received the account will be moved to OneFamily.
If you want to learn more about your options visit our help page.
As your account will mature after the moving date you will need to give your maturity instructions to OneFamily. The details of how you can give these instructions will be provided by OneFamily who will contact you with the options available for the account.